Our Manual Handling training ensure that candidates are trained to an accredited standard which meets the requirements by The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. Training courses are available both at our training centre in Bristol or on site at your location. We have instructors available nationwide, including Newport, Wiltshire, Yeovil and many more.
Number of candidates per course : 12 Candidates
Duration of course : 4 hours
The course aim:
- State the health and safety responsibilities of both the company and the employee.
- Define manual handling
- List the factors that create the problems within manual handling
- Identify the hazards of poor manual handling
- State what to check for prior to moving an object
- Demonstrate correct manual handling techniques.
- What is manual handling
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- The Functions of the Spine
- Movement of Loads –
- Including lifting, lowering, pushing & pulling.
- Principles of kinetic lifting
- Team lifting
- Discussion on white goods, palletised good and roll cages
- Lifting Aids including;
- Sack barrows
- Pump trucks etc.
This course is testing over both Practical and Theory element, which both require a PASS to achieve the relevant standard.
Save your company time and money by giving the right training and equipment to your employees.
Call for competitive quotation for your training requirements, based on number of trainees per course.
With a wide range of instructors available in Bristol, Newport and Wiltshire – and throughout the entire of the UK – we can offer available dates with approximately 2 weeks lead time. Get in touch today to find our more.
Current Legislation – The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, as amended in 2002, currently applies to a wide range of activities as listed above in the movement of loads.
REMEMBER: The employers duties are to, as far as is reasonably practicable, avoid employees undertaking operators which involve an injury risk. In addition, employers are also responsible for making a suitable and sufficient assessment of manual handling operations along with providing any equipment in the interest of health and safety.