ELCAS Courses

At HL Training Services, we are a proud provider of ELCAS courses. Our accredited forklift instructor courses offer you a Level 3 certification based on the National Qualification Framework (NQF), ensuring you have all the skills and knowledge you need to become an accredited forklift instructor. 

ELCAS 3368 Forklift Instructor

What is ELCAS?

ELCAS is the Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme offered to active serving personnel and Armed Forces service leavers. This scheme provides financial assistance for higher education courses to aid in the learning and development of individuals. 

ELCAS courses can include higher education, vocational training, and other forms of learning to ensure a smooth transition to civilian life or to further their careers in the military. 

What Can You Expect from an HL Training ELCAS Course? 

At HL Training, we deliver forklift instructor courses accredited by RTITB and ITSSAR to ensure you have the most up-to-date knowledge of forklifts and are certified to train forklift operators. 

Held in our fully equipped training centre in Bristol, you can expect to learn about all aspects of forklift operating, safety, and training, as well as:

  • Role Playing 
  • Learning Methods 
  • Types of Lessons 
  • Lesson Plans 
  • Classroom Lessons 
  • Principles of Instruction 
  • Instructional Techniques

Each of these elements will be examined through skills testing and ongoing assessment throughout the duration of the course.

How Long is an ELCAS Forklift Instructor Training Course?

Our entry-level forklift training course lasts for 13 days. This includes 3 days of learning how to operate a forklift and 10 days of instructor training. 

Find out more information about our forklift instructor training courses.


How to Apply

The application process for ELCAS differs based on whether you are an active service personnel or a service leaver. Learn the full details on how to apply over on the ELCAS website

If you have already registered for ELCAS and want to learn more about our forklift training courses at HL Training, contact us today, and our team will be happy to help! 


ELCAS Course: ITSSAR or RTITB Accredited Forklift Instructor Training

The cost of our ITSSAR or RTITB accredited forklift instructor training held at our Bristol Training Centre is £2211 and includes:

  • High-quality training
  • Instructors trained to an accredited standard
  • Monthly courses available

Frequently Asked Questions


What can I use my ELC for?

Enhanced learning credits (ELC) can be used to pay for up to 80% of a qualifying course. You must cover the remaining 20% yourself. You can claim between £1000 or £2000 depending on your given tier. This can be claimed up to 3 times in one financial year (31st March – 1st April). 

How long do enhanced learning credits last?

This depends on when your last day of service was. If you left before 1st April 2016, your final claim must be made before the 10th anniversary of your last day of service. If you left on or after 1st April 2016, ELC credits must be claimed before the 5 year anniversary of your last day of service. 

What courses can I use my ELC for?

ELC can be used on courses that ELCAS providers deliver. These courses must be Level 3 or above based on the National Qualification Framework (NQF) in the UK, Wales, or Northern Ireland or Level 6 or above on the Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework (SCQF). 

At HL Training, our forklift instructor training course offers you a Level 3 accredited qualification, providing you with all the skills and certification you need to become a forklift instructor.